Case Study: Habitat for Humanity Tucson
Homes and dreams are being built
In 1980, Habitat for Humanity Tucson was founded, the first affiliate in the Southwest. Their slogan back then was “People Helping People.” The Founders hoped that building strong and stable homes would establish strong and stable neighborhoods, that thriving neighborhoods would be the cornerstone of thriving communities. They were right.
Over the next several decades, Habitat built hundreds of houses in Corazon del Pueblo, Marana, Amado, Plumer, Desert Vista, Copper Vista, Minton Court, and more. The HabiStore opened its doors in 2006, and has saved over 5,300 tons from the landfill – that’s the equivalent of more than 1,700 dumpsters full of waste!
They have worked with more than a dozen thriving neighborhoods and communities. Tens of thousands of volunteers and community leaders joined hands and hammers to ensure, for generations, that there’s no place like home!
- Full Discovery and Strategy sessions with program staff
- Site mapping and information architecture review
- Theme development and mobile optimization
- Customized skins for volunteer database and donation system
- Embedded donation widgets with custom styling
- Industry standard SEO and security plugins