Case Study: Literacy Connects
Growing a culture of literacy
From birth through adulthood, Literacy Connects’ programs offer opportunities for learners of all ages to realize their potential — at school and in the workplace, as parents, as consumers and as participants in the life of our community. Last year, our staff and more than 1,500 dedicated volunteers helped more than 50,000 individuals in Southern Arizona.
In a city identified as the sixth-poorest metropolitan area in the U.S., Literacy Connects aims to address Tucson’s high levels of poverty at its roots – by providing innovative strengths-based programming that motivates learners to make sustainable changes in their lives. We do this through intentional alignment with community partners around common goals. The result is a growing culture of literacy in Southern Arizona and a shared understanding of literacy’s importance to the life, health and future of all of its citizens.
- Full Discovery and Strategy sessions with both program and development staff
- Site mapping and information architecture review
- Theme development and mobile optimization
- Event registrations with calendar and Google maps
- Industry standard SEO and security plugins
- Individual page templates for 5 programs